Sunday 21 December 2014

NYX HD eye shadow base

I purchased this for £7 from topshop on a whim.  I've tried e.l.f's eyeshadow primer before and been disappointed, so since then haven't tried any! 

I'm glad I tried this one.  It looks peachy but when you put it on it disappears, and after a few seconds you can apply your eyeshadow. I tend to find my eyeshadow creases a lot by the end of the day, sometimes even disappearing pretty much. I tested this on a bit night out and it gave a smooth and long lasting eyeshadow finish! 


You actually need to use makeup remover on the eyeshadow, which I rarely have to do. The only down side is that if you don't get a thin even coverage, it can make blending your eyeshadow a little bit of a chore, as it's almost too sticky! 

All in all, thumbs up.  However, I realised that it says in French that NYX products are made in the republic of China.  They also seem to be owned by L'Oreal.  Further investigation showed that they still don't sell in China, and don't test their products on animals. L'Oreal also haven't tested on animals since 1991, and so to myself as a 'beginner' of going CF who is trying to promote it as a do-able lifestyle, I'm going to stick with NYX. However, I'll leave you to make your own decisions.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all, and see you in 2015!

Emily x



No comments:

Post a Comment