Saturday 5 July 2014

Our house, in the middle of the street

Hello all. In the interest of showing off my (now one year older) new house, here's a little sneak peak into where I live!

Here's our living room. The only room that's already done and finished really. I was seriously obsessed with the colour grey when we moved in so the walls and furniture kind of goes with that theme! The basket moves around a lot because Ned likes it best when it's placed in a sunbeam!
 This is all I'll show you of the dining room. The table and chairs are in the process of being painted and I'm not sure I like them yet. The poor owl door stop got attacked and is missing an eye so he'll be allowed back on the floor once Ned's stopped teething! This is all my CDs and records. Those tapes are a mix of mine, my cousin's, and my mum. I can't part with them because that tape player has been there for a lot of my childhood and no one wants to give it up!
 My bedroom! Well, me and the boyfriend. I have to admit he puts up with a lot, as if you took away his clothes you'd never know he lived there! I hate this textured wallpaper and have already decided on a colour for when I can afford to take off the paper and re-plaster the walls.
 Currently outside is taking priority, as the rendering has cracked and the walls are basically leaking! 
This is my little heaven. The spare room upstairs is my study, and the little room off it is my boyfriend's game room. My hamsters live here too.

So there's a brief tour of my home. If any interior designers have any tips, do let me know ;) Furnishing and decorating your first home is a work-in-progress I've found, but I hope with patience it will be finished by this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment