Wednesday 25 June 2014

3 for 2

Well! Well, well well!

I haven't blogged for so long, due to a strange blogging block even though I had lots to talk about. I think I've been reading a lot of blogs recently and realized mine hasn't got a 'voice' yet. It's not quite 'me'.  But if I don't blog I won't change that will I! So here goes. Some products I got about a month ago in a 3 for 2 offer at Superdrug (a high-street cruelty-free staple!).

I got a Collection Extreme coloured lengthening mascara in black (£2.99 and now appears to come in a nice pink pot!)  GOSH ultimate eyeliner in Raw Grey (5.99) and MUA cover & conceal in the lightest shade there (£1.50)!


I have super sensitive eyes but my mascara had run out and I was in a hurry so I thought I'd just get a cheap one and find a better one later. But this one feels great! Granted, it's not an amazing mascara and does get a little clumpy, but for the price it does the job. The artist formally known as collection 2000 has done a good job.  The wand's nice and chunky too. I hate those thin plastic ones that seem so popular these days.
This eyeliner was what I initially set out to buy, since I wanted to try winged eyeliner for the 10000th time and was convinced I'd get the hang of it. I still haven't but I do like this eyeliner!
 It has a nice angled sponge great for smudging away any mistakes, and you can make lines of various strengths and lengths. The one thing I would say is that I wouldn't call it grey! Although I suppose it's not a deep black, it's certainly passable as black! But it lasts all day, smooths on like a charm, and I'll probably be repurchasing.
 Finally the concealer. I was looking for the Collection one in shade 1 that everyone and their wife is obsessed with, but it was sold out for over a month so I gave up and got this. I was pleasantly surprised.

It rubs in really well, lasts all day and actually seems to cove any blemished instead of sort of colouring on top of them! Of them all I was most pleased with this, mainly because I didn't expect much at all!

So there you go, my cruelty free beauty on a budget! What's your budget essential?!



No comments:

Post a Comment