Sunday 16 August 2015

Barry M Sunset nail varnish

I absolutely love Barry M. They're cruelty free and most their products are vegan. I came across their sunset nail varnish last Saturday, and was really excited. I love Barry M nail varnish, and their sunset 'daylight curing' range promises a "long lasting pro mani efffect". 
 As you can see, the colours are nice and bright


Excited, I splashed out £15 purchasing Make Me Teal, Out Of My Red, and they daylight curing top coat.  The colours were all lovely. You're supposed to apply a thin coat of colour and allow it to dry, apply another thin coat, and once that's dry apply a thin coat of top coat.  
 Blurry instructions, sorry! 

To be honest it's hard to apply a thin coat, as this nail polish seems to dry really fast and kept smudging if you apply it too thinly so I may have applied it thicker than necessary. I also wasn't sure how to dry them - as they're sunlight curing, you're advised to "cure naturally in daylight" and there's a photo of a nail under a sun.  I don't know if this meant outside, if it has to be sunny, etc, and feeling a bit of a fool I let mine dry next to a window that the sunw as shining through!

Also when I removed the polish my nails were stained blue! I wasn't sure if usign a base coat was allowed!  
 
The results were a bit dissapointing. Within an hour the polish had chipped. It didn't last any longer than any other polish I've had, and to be honest I think the finish of Barry M's Gelly polish looks more professional, lasts longer, and is cheaper too! In the end my advice is, avoid these and go for their Gelly range, which is amazing! Let me know if you've tried these and what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment