Wednesday 2 April 2014

ScruffyChops and SpaMagik

Having recently acquired a new puppy, I went on the hunt for some cruelty free dog shampoo! ScruffyChops saw my plight on twitter, and were kind enough to send me some samples :)


 
Rhubarbarking mad shampoo, and muddy marvelous conditioner! Excuse the poor quality photos by the way, my camera battery died and I had to use my phone!
 Here is little Ned.  He's had an upset tummy and so was in need of a little bath!!! Poor chap. He wasn't smelling his best and his little coat had started to get a bit sticky and matted after a warm weekend playing in the garden. So we popped him in the tub and gave him a spring clean.
 Tah-dah! One clean dog, and he now smells amazing. The shampoo smells like rhubarb sweets and the conditioner smells like wonderful coconut. My boyfriend is extremely tempted to use them on his own hair, and I've never had dog shampoo that smells so great. I know it's good for him because it didn't irritate or dry out my hands as I washed him, and his coat is ridiculously fluffy and soft now!! He also smells like a sweet.


He of course set his lasers from 'stun' to 'kill' post bath...
But even he found himself good enough to eat! I wasn't worried at all about any residue being on his coat, as these cruelty free delights are 98% natural. Peace of mind for all dog owners who's little Scruffy ones need a bath from time to time!!

As for me, I've been using this little number from Dead Sea Spa Magik - the same company who make ScruffyChops!
I had used this product one summer as a child. I was really excited to find it again a few weeks ago. It smells so fresh and clean, although I can't compare the smell to anything else I know of, and it's packed with dead sea minerals!  My mum purchased one for us and one for my gran all those years ago, which was good as she suffered from psoriasis and this was the only shampoo I saw her use from then on.  

I myself suffer from non-fungal dandruff (sounds gross - basically, actual dandruff is a fungal infection that requires a medical scalp treatment. However, many of us just suffer from an irritated or  sensitive scalp) and this has basically cured it! My scalp feels fine and my hair is so soft. I haven't even used conditioner with it. I washed it a few hours before Ned's bath so you can see how clean it leaves your hair in that photo above, there's never any residue, on the contrary I find it quite a clarifying shampoo, but it's so soft and gentle I don't think you'd classify it as such. Plus for the first time in a while I can now wash my hair every two days instead of every other day, which is great news for my hair as it shouldn't actually be washed that often.


Does what it says on the tin...bottle... anyway, I highly recommend both products. Even though the dog shampoo was sent to me for free, I stand by what I say - I love both the people and puppy shampoos and I will certainly be purchasing more of both. 

I highly recommend the Dead Sea Magik Shampoo (also sold on Debanhams, John Lewis, Amazon...) for anyone with sensitive skin, greasy hair or scalp, or even normal or dry hair to be honest. Plus, I have bleached hair that's then been dyed brown with purple streaks underneath, and I can testify that this is fine for colour treated hair as far as I'm concerned :) Thumbs up all round (oops, sorry Ned. Paws up!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't know those 2 companies are by the same people?
    I have samples from both. I'm yet to try ScruffyChops but last week I tried a 3 in 1 mouth wash/toothpaste/breath freshener by Dead Sea Spa Magik and it tasted really good. I've also got some moisturiser to try.
    Super cute pup by the way. Does he go crazy and rub around after baths? My dog goes loco!

    Helen
    teainthetub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try their 3in1 toothpaste!! I bet the moisturiser is awesome too. Thanks :) Yeah he does, it's like he's trying to reclaim all the dirt we washed off him haha!! x

      Delete