Saturday 15 February 2014

SoukSouk Little Green Beauty Box

I recently subscribed to SoukSouk's Little Green Beauty Box. My first one arrived this morning.
 I was a little disappointed at first, I'll admit, because there didn't seem to be much in there, but on closer inspection I found this underneath the free magazine:


 They're little sleep patches you put on your feet. On the back is shows a diagram of feet with all areas that match up to your body mapped out. I thought that was pretty cool, although it does say you need to wear the patches for 3-7 days for them to work and you only get one per pack. Still, they retail at £3.99 each so it's pretty useful to test them out first.

 The second things I saw were these grapefruit and cedarwood body lotion and body wash. They smell amazing!!! It's a summery kind of scent, and quite lemony, and it smells pretty sophisticated actually. The ingredients are all natural, but it has the feel of an expensive body wash. I went on conscious skincare's website and I really like the look of their products. I was particularly impressed to find they have cold pressed oils, which I have been looking for. I think I may treat myself to the rosehip seed one! Their products come in cool looking silver bottles as well, which I liked. I'm glad these came in the box.

Next were these living nature products. They also look and feel expensive, and it turns out they are;  the full size products are around £20! So this felt like a lovely treat. The scent is a bit more chemically, almost like a Clarins or Clinique product, but that didn't put me off as a quick look on the ingredients list online shows they don't contain many nasties. If you're thinking of going cruelty free but don't like all the flowery scents and so on, I would certainly recommend you try something like living nature's products.

 Last but not least was a bar of vegan chocolate with orange and xylitol. Xylitol is a type of sugar that's particularly suited to people with diabetes and hypoglycemia.  I'm going to wait and share this with my sister, as she's a vegan (I'm only vegetarian) and likes to try new chocolates.

All of the products in SoukSouk are cruelty-free. I've done a patch test and am going to try them all out tomorrow. Natural products tend to recommend you do a patch test. This is because instead of weird chemicals developed to use on your skin, they contain natural herbs and essential oils, which your skin can be sensitive to. I always do a patch test as my skin is sensitive, but so far so good with these items so it's a pamper day for me tomorrow!

Do you subscribe to a monthly beauty box? What do you think to SoukSouk?

No comments:

Post a Comment