Sunday 21 April 2013

Gwdi hw Balms - 100% natural, cruelty-free

I have tried gwdihw (pronounced goody hoo) lip balm in Vanilla in the past, and loved it, so was very happy when I got their Gardener’s Balm, First Aid Balm, and Smoochy Lips balm in Pineapple to try!  Since gwdihw is Welsh for Owl, and I have a mild Owl obsession, I love the pots they come in with cute little owls on the front.
image
Twit-toohoo! If my owl obsession is "mild" I would hate to see an extreme case...

The Gardener’s Balm (Eli’r Garddwr in Welsh) contains Maigold, Coconut oils, and Rosemary. The smell is a bit like being in a garden, I really liked it. I used it on my hands while doing the house work, as they tend to get dry really easily in winter. I found it rubbed in easily, and left a faint but delicious smell on my now not-dry hands :)
The First Aid Balm (Eli Cymorth Cyntaf) came to my aid on a patch of irritated skin I developed after using a foundation I appear to be allergic to! It contains tea tree and witch hazel, so I figured it would be ideal for a skin problem. I love the smell of tea tree, and in this little balm it smelled amazing. It also helped take the redness from my irritated skin!
My favourite, though, has to be the Smoochy Lips (Gwefys Mefys) in Pineapple flavour. It smells like really sweet pineapple, but isn’t sickly at all.  A tiny amount makes my lips feel soft and have a slight shine, without feeling the least bit sticky. I only need to apply it twice a day at most, even though my urge is to wear it constantly. It’s amazing!
image
Gwdihw can be purchased online and in many shops.  I suggest you give their website a visit, as they have a list of ingredients and what their uses are, which I found really interesting! For example, Chickweed is a healing herb useful for conditions such as eczema. I love that their products are made using ingredients grown in Wales, and they are 100% natural.  Which is your favourite gwdihw balm?

2 comments:

  1. These look great, I love balms so I think I need to try these :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried many balms before to be honest so I was pleasantly surprised! Worth trying out, I'm still obsessed with the lip balm! x

      Delete