Sunday 31 March 2013

Working "9 to 5" - cruelty free, chemical free, vegan

Reviewing Lush's 9 to 5 cleansing lotion

As I’m sure I’ve mentioned before - I have really sensitive skin on my face. It’s like someone in a bad mood; you know some things will just set them off, and have literally no way of knowing what that will be.

I’m therefore a bit anxious each time I use a new face product that I’m going to wake up all blotchy.  Still, I needed something to remove my makeup in the evenings without making a big faff, and Lush’s 9 to 5 cleansing lotion seemed to be up for the job.  I got it of Lush’s website for £4.75.  I hadn’t purchased anything from Lush until last year, but I really like the few products I’ve tried, because they’re hand made from natural ingredients and never, ever tested on animals.

image
The downside is, you will sing "working 9 to 5" every time you use it!

It claimed to be for sensitive skin, but nearly everything says that these days and they aren’t always so!  Anyway, I went ahead and put a small amount on my hands, rubbed it all over my face, and gently wiped it away with a warm flannel.  I could see it removed all my makeup really easily, and it smelled lovely. Dove orchid and ylang ylang, according to the label.  This worried me, as strong scents usually means my skin will have a hissy fit.

image
Handy squeezy top, less spillage and can be re-used afterwards as it's easy to clean!  
Still, my skin felt incredibly soft afterwards, so I risked not moisturising  because 
a) someone on Lush’s reviews page said they didn’t have to and
 b) I wanted to give it a thorough testing!

I am super impressed with this! I really didn’t have to moisturise, which is like saying I really didn’t have to breather for two hours! Sometimes I have to moisturise after moisturising; I always have to moisturise after any sort of water goes on my face! But nope, not with this!  I would really recommend it, it takes about two minutes at the end of the day now for me to remove my makeup and have lovely, clean, soft skin!

The down side it, after a couple of weeks, my skin did get a bit irritated, so I can't use it every single day. It's a nice treat though.

No comments:

Post a Comment